Poor Boy and The Dog

Poor Boy and The Dog


A few days ago I landed at the Mumbai airport and
took a cab to South Bombay. I was enjoying the busy
traffic with people rushing in every possible directions
then we got stranded at a very busy intersection.


As we waited for the signal to turn green, my eyes met
with a poor young boy, about 12 years old. He
removed a piece of bread from his pocket and took a
bite. As he was about to take his next bite, a stray dog
wagged his tail looking at him. Without hesitation, he
sat down and put the bread on the road for the dog to
eat. The dog sniffed the bread and walked away. The
boy waited until he was sure the dog was gone then
he picked up the bread and ate it!


My heart cried and wanted to walk up to the boy but
before I could open the door the signal turned green
and our car drove away. I kept thinking about the boy
and later during my evening meal I realized that I was
thinking of approaching the boy but never did, I could
have stopped the car and walked up to him which
again I never did. All I did was “thinking” and this poor
little boy who had only one piece of bread without any
hesitation sharing it with the dog, though he himself
seemed to be very hungry. I learnt one of the biggest
lessons in my life which that boy taught me without a
conversation. He taught me to share with love and
happiness. — Author unknown



What do you do in this type of situation?












Comments